lucwolfe

XBOX ONE X

XBOX ONE X  

16 members have voted

1. 1. ARE YOU GETTING IT?

• YES
    • NO

lucwolfe    35

Well I don't have an Xbox to start with, but I could see myself get this top notch version at a later date?

ARE YOU IN? (I bet Koski is)

The Outcast    12

As soon as it's available for pre-order, I am going to order up mine.  

I was reading an interesting article on WCCTech and they interviewed the developer of ARK, and they had this to say about the Xbox One X:

If you think about it, it’s kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It’s kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it’s equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that’s a pretty good deal for $499.

That is an interesting comparison, and something that catches my eye for sure.

Cheers,

Outtie

On 6/17/2017 at 9:07 AM, lucwolfe said:

Well I don't have an Xbox to start with, but I could see myself get this top notch version at a later date?

ARE YOU IN? (I bet Koski is)

Wondering why you started another Xbox X post when there already is one? Just curious?

Fifty    24

Looks like we're finally going to get pre-order specifics this weekend at Gamescon.

I'm pretty sure I'll place my pre-order at Best Buy. You guys/

MartyB    2

I don't know. I loved my Xbox 360, skipped the Xbox One, and have been burnt by my most recent console purchase, the Wii U. Maybe it's time to dive back in? I kinda want to wait to save up my money until VR has gone through it's chicken and egg dilemma (expression stolen from a Wired article). What needs to happen first? Solid hardware or big games?

As of yet, Microsoft has been silent on the Xbox's VR, if there is any. Hopefully we get more info, as Fifty says. 

• Like 1

lucwolfe    35

I think the vr is a broken project... homes are getting smaller and they require huge rooms to play.... plus breaking stuff doesnt sounds awesome to me. Thats what kids do... imagine with vrs on their heads

2 hours ago, MartyB said:

I don't know. I loved my Xbox 360, skipped the Xbox One, and have been burnt by my most recent console purchase, the Wii U. Maybe it's time to dive back in? I kinda want to wait to save up my money until VR has gone through it's chicken and egg dilemma (expression stolen from a Wired article). What needs to happen first? Solid hardware or big games?

As of yet, Microsoft has been silent on the Xbox's VR, if there is any. Hopefully we get more info, as Fifty says. 

From what I have read is that MS themselves won't be doing the VR interfaces, they are going to let third parties like Oculous do all of the VR work, and allow them to hook into the XboxX. So if VR doesn't take off MS  hasn't lost any money.

Fifty    24

So, who took the plunge yesterday? 

I did. I went with Best Buy. I hoped to reserve and pick up in store. I'm old school that way. But they were only allowing online pre-orders for delivery. Should be interesting to see if I actually get it on Nov 7th or not.

X-Warlock    15

I only found out about the pre-orders being up this morning... and all the Project Scorpio editions were already pre-ordered. But I did manage to get a pre-order in at Walmart. Won't get it until the 9th tho. I'm tempted to try to EB games trade in for one, but not sure what their stock will be and I don't want to be stuck without my Xbox until November.