Sign in to follow this  
Sem

Hi to all

Sem    1

Hello everyone,

after some chats with Luc, I finally found some time to make my first post here in this community. Great to see there is a place like this on the net. I'm 35 years old and from the Netherlands. Some of you might remember ArenaCenter.net (2000-2007), I was founder and owner of it, together with Frederik Landin from Sweden. We bundled arena (boards, decks etc.) updates for the NHL pc versions and put a lot of other stuff to download on our site.

Now, 17 years later, I sometimes play NHL but I'm very busy with one of my startups. It's about drones and drone racing. I take drones to schools, where I train teachers and students in creativity and collaboration. I basically organize drones races at schools. So if you want to see more, please respond and I will post some videos.

For now, thanks for reading this post and hopefully we will meet eachother here in the community. ;)

• Like 1

lucwolfe    35

I think that's so cool! 

I really like the idea of drones, but I would be the one crashing it time ... and that would be a expensive hobby

Sem    1

You can start with $100 and building your own race drone, like we teach to students. But of course, if you want professional gear and have the money, than there is lot to explore. ;)

Fifty    24

Netherlands? Nice! My hockey league sends a team to a tournament in Zoetemeer every spring. I've been asked to go a million times. One of these years I'm going to have to get my ass over there and play. Not getting any easier with the kids growing up...

Do you do anything else with the drones? I've got a colleague in the US that has a drone start up but it is based more around photography. Got a website for it?

Sem    1
On 13-9-2017 at 4:18 AM, Fifty said:

Netherlands? Nice! My hockey league sends a team to a tournament in Zoetemeer every spring. I've been asked to go a million times. One of these years I'm going to have to get my ass over there and play. Not getting any easier with the kids growing up...

Do you do anything else with the drones? I've got a colleague in the US that has a drone start up but it is based more around photography. Got a website for it?

Hi there,

we train schools @ FutureSkillz. :)

Do you have a company name for me?

Sem    1
On 13-9-2017 at 4:25 AM, BBQ Bacon said:

Welcome. I've been wanting to get a drone for taking pictures but haven't pulled the trigger yet because of cost. 

I can imagine. ;)