Sign in to follow this  
lucwolfe

Anyone one of you have a hybrid or electric car

lucwolfe    35

Hey guys, as you know, i'm a tradesmen and I drive a pick up truck, if in the near future the money is right and after my wife gets her car and my truck is still in good shape, I wouldn't be against the idea of getting myself an electric car or hybrid

My picks would be
Tesla Model 3 & the Toyota Prius.

Model 3 would be idea but not possible, i think tesla has a lot of them in production but the demand is insane, which is too bad, cause it seems the better option of the too.

Do you guy have any interest in electric or hybrid cars?

BBQ Bacon    13

Once they can make a battery that can go at least 500km on a charge, I would be interested.  At most they are like around 300kms, so great for a city, but not good for road trips and the like.

noodle    1

I've been starting to look at Model 3 or a Chevy Bolt. My car should go another 3 or 4 years so it will depend on the market then and if Ontatio is still giving 14k towards one.

Edited by noodle

Fifty    24

What about the Nissan Leaf? The new one is getting some impressive reviews.

I'm in the same boat as Dean in that I don't feel the tech is quite there yet to meet my needs. BC's a big place with lots of empty space between outlets.

lucwolfe    35

Yeah the car need better range and needs a review on price...

GO LEAF

GET UP TO $14,000 IN ELECTRIC VEHICLE PROVINCIAL REBATES

Qualify for a government incentive with your purchase of a 2018 Nissan LEAF in select provinces. [*]

2018 Nissan LEAF tax credits in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec

Why can't they just remove the incentive directly from the cars?

MartyB    2
On 9/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, BBQ Bacon said:

Once they can make a battery that can go at least 500km on a charge, I would be interested.  At most they are like around 300kms, so great for a city, but not good for road trips and the like.

The Long Range version of the Tesla 3 has a range of 500km and can recharge 270km's worth in 30 minutes.

BBQ Bacon    13
22 minutes ago, MartyB said:

The Long Range version of the Tesla 3 has a range of 500km and can recharge 270km's worth in 30 minutes.

And there's the rub.  Who has time to sit for an hour to fully recharge your car?  On a road trip, I usually travel close to 1,000 kms in one day.  Would be great if the restaurant we stop at for lunch or dinner had a charging station, but that is not going to be the case.

I know they are working on new battery tech that will allow them to "super" charge the batteries without the risk of them exploding.  Fully charge the battery in 10 minutes.  Just enough time to stretch the legs, take a piss and grab some snacks.  So in a half dozen years, electric cars will be useful.

Fifty    24

In BC at least that rebate program comes from a pool of money. Once it is depleted (meaning if you're too late) you don't get the $$ back. 

Another thing that's a bit scary to me, at least from the Tesla standpoint, is how the cars can be manipulated remotely. Call me old school on that one.

So other than the Tesla models, The Chevy Bolt, and the Hyundai Ioniq, all other EV's just look plain ugly! I would rather ride my bicycle than drive a Leaf or a Prius, I mean you have to still have some self respect when picking out a car, and feel like you've got some street cred of some sort when you purchase a new vehicle!