Sign in to follow this  
The Outcast

Scuf Gaming Accessories for the Xbox Elite

The Outcast    12

Hey All,

When I was down at PAX West this year I had a long talk with Scuf gaming and have had a chance to check out some of their products.  They have created some great accessories for the Elite controller, including new paddles that are not so obstrusive, better feeling analog sticks, and even better grips.  Yes, the grips are better.  

I love the Elite controller, but one of my complaints has always been the triggers, and how they get in the way when I hold the controller like a normal controller,  I could not find a comfortable way to hold it with the trigger where they were.  Weill I think Scuf did a great job in this area. 

As for the analog sticks, they have a 'more sticky' like feeling and I find that my fingers seems to grip it a bit better.  Yeah, that may sound strange, but you have to try it to understand it.  I am pretty amazed how they actually improved on the controller in the way they did.  

Even the d-pad is improved. If you look at it, it is raised at the bottom right hand corner, and when taking your thumb off the analog stick, you just slide it back to hit the ridge, and don't even really have to press down.  It's very ergonomically designed for ease of use. Yes, it sounds silly, but until you use it you'll never know you wanted something like that.

I have included a couple of pics too.

Elite Controller - Scufed.jpg

Elite Controller - Scufed pic 2.jpg

Edited by The Outcast

Fifty    24

Looks to me like an Elite controller with Scuf accessories.

My only complaint about the Elite controller is that if I don't set the controller down carefully sometimes the silver paddles underneath get triggered and a game might unpause or something. I also only play with one set of those paddles underneath. Love them for things like reloading without having to take my thumb off the stick.

@The Outcast, how tall are those thumbtacks vs the default ones on the Elite?

The Outcast    12
12 hours ago, Fifty said:

@The Outcast, how tall are those thumbtacks vs the default ones on the Elite?

I like the thumbsticks much better.  They actually seem to have a 'stickiness' to them, as I find that my thumbs seem to have a better grip on them. It's strange.  That being said, if you eat, or get any of your drink on your hand, make sure to wipe it off as the sticks can become slippery for a brief moment.  All in all, I like what Scuf have done.

The Outcast    12
On 9/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, Fifty said:

But how tall are they? Same height as the standard ones on the Elite?

They have the regular size, as well as as two others that are taller.  Plus, as with the elite, you have regular and domed analog sticks.