• creeping_judas bought 3 games on Black Friday
  • Marty remortgage his house for a 4K tv and an Xbox One X
  • creeping_judas was caught drinking budweiser last week as TMZ reports
  • Wolfe purchased his Xbox One S with no game
  • Marty has filed for bankruptcy after going out on Black Friday
Sign in to follow this  
lucwolfe

IKEA to start selling on Amazon!

STOCKHOLM — Ikea will start selling furniture through third-party websites next year as it tries to find new ways to reach customers in the digital age.

Kaisa Lyckdal, spokeswoman for the Swedish home furnishing giant, says the aim is to start a trial in 2018 but that “no decisions are made regarding what platforms/markets will be in the pilot.”

Lyckdal said Tuesday in an email to The Associated Press that Ikea would further develop its online sales strategy “over the coming years.”

Ikea’s main focus “remains of course with our existing sales channels,” including its own websites and stores.

The group says 2.3 billion people globally visited Ikea sites in 2017. Founded in Sweden and headquartered fiscally in Leiden, the Netherlands, Ikea has more than 400 stores in 49 countries.

YEAH BABY!

200.gif

never need to go back there with those hideous carts

There is something cathartic about going to an Ikea store, seeing all of the nice little rooms they have set up, surviving the maze, and not being overrun by the hoards of shoppers! I enjoy our semiannual trip to Ikea in Ottawa!

I think Amazon or an Amazon-like approach for IKEA is perfect for them especially if they can deliver things as quickly as Amazon does. It fits their demographic near perfectly.

2 hours ago, Fifty said:

I think Amazon or an Amazon-like approach for IKEA is perfect for them especially if they can deliver things as quickly as Amazon does. It fits their demographic near perfectly.

So we recently redid our master bedroom, and for the first time in our 25 years together, the Missus and I have a fully matching bedroom suite, thanks to IKEA! But that being said, the delivery cost from Ottawa to home (110kms)was going to be $190 per bundle (bed and accessories separately), we said no way! Had them put the packages together and we picked them up in Ottawa, made a day of it, and it only cost us $20 for IKEA fee, and $30 gas, and $50 for lunch, and memories! 

So if online IKEA charges ridiculous cost for delivery, then I don't see it working!